Friday, February 24, 2012

Change SQL Server registration?

I am trying to set up my machine for replication and have recieved the
following message

"SQL Server replication does not support nicknames, such as "." or
"(local)" as server names.

Delete the SQL Server registration for this server and register it
using the actual server name"

Well, I am not sure how to do that, I can't seem to find any info on
it. Can anyone help out?

Thanks.Gala Grant (gala@.sonic.net) writes:
> I am trying to set up my machine for replication and have recieved the
> following message
> "SQL Server replication does not support nicknames, such as "." or
> "(local)" as server names.
> Delete the SQL Server registration for this server and register it
> using the actual server name"
> Well, I am not sure how to do that, I can't seem to find any info on
> it. Can anyone help out?

In Enterprise Manager, right-click the server and choose Delete SQL
Server Registration. (Delete button may also work.) Then right-click the
group and then choose New SQL Server Registration. This time enter the
actual server name.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment