Saturday, February 25, 2012

Change temporary tables location

Hi:
I was wondering if it is possible, in SQL Server, change the database
where temp tables are generated by default.
I know that temp tables are generated on tempdb, but this is very bad
when there's much concurrency...
I need some "magic configuration" that allows me to specify the
temporary tables location for each database, like in Oracle.
Is there anything like that in SQL Server?
Thanks,
Ravi Wallau
nospam@.nospam.org
There magic is anywhere else, but not in this settings of SQL Server.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
|||As far as I am aware there isn't a way of doing what your asking inside SQL
Server
Retrograde
"Ravi Ambros Wallau" wrote:

> Hi:
> I was wondering if it is possible, in SQL Server, change the database
> where temp tables are generated by default.
> I know that temp tables are generated on tempdb, but this is very bad
> when there's much concurrency...
> I need some "magic configuration" that allows me to specify the
> temporary tables location for each database, like in Oracle.
> Is there anything like that in SQL Server?
> Thanks,
> --
> Ravi Wallau
> nospam@.nospam.org
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment