Friday, February 24, 2012

Change sql agent login user

In keeping with the microsoft suggestion, I changed the
mssql agent login to a user. Now My application does not
run, the error log reports the following
RegOpenKeyEx of "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\" failed:
Result Code = 0x00000005
I have tried adding users, and domain users. it only works
if I add the administrators from the built in group.
Please help!Hi!
Do please check if the article at
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;283811 is helpful
for you.
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
More than just Training
www.SolidQualityLearning.com
"shivi" <infor@.villageideas.com> wrote in message
news:c2b901c3ed05$20714760$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> In keeping with the microsoft suggestion, I changed the
> mssql agent login to a user. Now My application does not
> run, the error log reports the following
> RegOpenKeyEx of "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\" failed:
> Result Code = 0x00000005
> I have tried adding users, and domain users. it only works
> if I add the administrators from the built in group.
> Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment