Friday, February 24, 2012

change SQLSERVERAGENT account

are there any issues to be aware of when changing the SQLSERVERAGENT
service's account to LOCAL SYSTEM or to a domain account with local "Log on
as a service" privilege ?
in other words, at time of install of SQL Server 2000, the SQLSERVERAGENT
account was specified to be the domain account for a specific user, and now
I'd like to change it ...
Domain accounts are often used if the Service need permissions in the
network. Perhpas you installed a SQMail on the Server ? That runs with the
associated MAPI account of the user which is configured on the SQL Server.
Perhpas you are pulling ot some data from a torage which has NTFS file
security ? You will need these sort of accounts then too. So first you have
to make sure that there are not issues around when you change the account to
a local system or a service account
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"John Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-yahoo-dot-com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:OHWCD0fSFHA.3188@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> are there any issues to be aware of when changing the SQLSERVERAGENT
> service's account to LOCAL SYSTEM or to a domain account with local "Log
> on as a service" privilege ?
> in other words, at time of install of SQL Server 2000, the SQLSERVERAGENT
> account was specified to be the domain account for a specific user, and
> now I'd like to change it ...
>
|||"John Grandy" wrote:

> are there any issues to be aware of when changing the SQLSERVERAGENT
> service's account to LOCAL SYSTEM or to a domain account with local "Log on
> as a service" privilege ?
>
Hello, I'm in a similar situation - I want to use SQL Mail on my sql server,
and according to do so, it appears I need to change the account associated
with MSSQLSERVER, so that it has an email address, and I'm hesitant to do so
before I can be sure I won't spill anything, as this server runs our
accounting system, and integrates via biztalk to our CRM system.
Are there any things I should be aware of that any of you know about? The
only complexity I can think of is the Biztalk thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment