Friday, February 24, 2012

Change SQL Server account password

I am looking for an *easy* way to allow *non-technical* end users to
change their SQL Server account password. Does anyone have any
suggestions? I am not a programmer by trade, but I can write scripts.
It would be great if I could do this for my Oracle databases, too.
Thanks,
Aaron
How do your users connect? Through some sort of application?
It would be pretty simple to have an application wrapper around sp_password.
Of course, if they are using Query Analyzer and know how to submit thier own
queries... I don't think it's much of a burden to show people the syntax for
sp_password and let them run it on thier own.
Brian Moran
Principal Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
SQL Server MVP
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com
"Vols Fan" <volsfan1998@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2489efb1.0408181426.14242c24@.posting.google.c om...
> I am looking for an *easy* way to allow *non-technical* end users to
> change their SQL Server account password. Does anyone have any
> suggestions? I am not a programmer by trade, but I can write scripts.
> It would be great if I could do this for my Oracle databases, too.
> Thanks,
> Aaron
|||Anyone have a little application that can do this?
I have the same exact question. The apps I am using are vendor written, so I don't have access to the code.|||I'm looking for this answer too. Did you come up with anything? I need an easy way for users to change their SQL account passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment