Friday, February 24, 2012

Change SQL Server Authentication Programmatically

Hi,

Does anyone here know whether it is possible to change the
authentication method of a SQL server instance programmatically, rather
than going through enterprise manager.

I am using SQL-DMO (under C#) for some other things, but the
documentation is so bad that I can't find out whether what I want to do
can be done. I have also tried googling but came up empty handed.

I hope that someone can help me.

Cheers
JonoHi

At a guess try SetSecurityMode under the SQLServer/IntegratedSecurity Object

John
"Jono Price" <jonathan_daivd_price@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4298443f$0$542$ed2619ec@.ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> Hi,
> Does anyone here know whether it is possible to change the authentication
> method of a SQL server instance programmatically, rather than going
> through enterprise manager.
> I am using SQL-DMO (under C#) for some other things, but the documentation
> is so bad that I can't find out whether what I want to do can be done. I
> have also tried googling but came up empty handed.
> I hope that someone can help me.
> Cheers
> Jono|||John Bell wrote:
> Hi
> At a guess try SetSecurityMode under the SQLServer/IntegratedSecurity Object
> John

Thank you so much. I couldn't believe that it wasn't possible, but I
also couldn't find that.

Thanks again.

Jono

No comments:

Post a Comment