Saturday, February 25, 2012

Change temporary tables location

Hi:
I was wondering if it is possible, in SQL Server, change the database
where temp tables are generated by default.
I know that temp tables are generated on tempdb, but this is very bad
when there's much concurrency...
I need some "magic configuration" that allows me to specify the
temporary tables location for each database, like in Oracle.
Is there anything like that in SQL Server?
Thanks,
--
Ravi Wallau
nospam@.nospam.orgThere magic is anywhere else, but not in this settings of SQL Server.
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.|||As far as I am aware there isn't a way of doing what your asking inside SQL
Server
---
Retrograde
"Ravi Ambros Wallau" wrote:
> Hi:
> I was wondering if it is possible, in SQL Server, change the database
> where temp tables are generated by default.
> I know that temp tables are generated on tempdb, but this is very bad
> when there's much concurrency...
> I need some "magic configuration" that allows me to specify the
> temporary tables location for each database, like in Oracle.
> Is there anything like that in SQL Server?
> Thanks,
> --
> Ravi Wallau
> nospam@.nospam.org
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment