Saturday, February 25, 2012

Change System Date in SQL Server

Hi
How do I change the date forward, say from April 2004 to August 2004,
so the SQL server will pick up the August 2004 date instead.
I try to do it changing the System Date in CMOS & Windows but when SQL
server services starts, SQL change the date back to April 2004 instead
of August 2004. Seems like the SQL server is pretty smart that it
controls the date of the Server.
Anybody have some idea? Thanks a bunch for any input.
SL
SL,
To the best of my knowledge, SQL Server gets the date strictly from Windows,
and does not have any automatic mechanism to reset the Windows date.
I'm going to guess that you have Windows configured to automatically
synchronize with an Internet time server, and that is resetting the Windows
(and therefore the SQL Server) clock.
Chief Tenaya
"sl" <slai@.sceptre.com> wrote in message
news:9f6f5fe0.0404081722.5406fb01@.posting.google.c om...
> Hi
> How do I change the date forward, say from April 2004 to August 2004,
> so the SQL server will pick up the August 2004 date instead.
> I try to do it changing the System Date in CMOS & Windows but when SQL
> server services starts, SQL change the date back to April 2004 instead
> of August 2004. Seems like the SQL server is pretty smart that it
> controls the date of the Server.
> Anybody have some idea? Thanks a bunch for any input.
> SL
|||Hi Chief
Thanks a lot! The time-server ring a bell in me now. I think it is the
PDC server that is resetting the date when the SQL services starts. I
don't have a Time Server.
I'll check it. Thanks so much! Really appreciates your input.
SL
"Tenaya" <ct@.ct.ct> wrote in message news:<OiZfvadHEHA.2836@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> SL,
> To the best of my knowledge, SQL Server gets the date strictly from Windows,
> and does not have any automatic mechanism to reset the Windows date.
> I'm going to guess that you have Windows configured to automatically
> synchronize with an Internet time server, and that is resetting the Windows
> (and therefore the SQL Server) clock.
> Chief Tenaya
>
> "sl" <slai@.sceptre.com> wrote in message
> news:9f6f5fe0.0404081722.5406fb01@.posting.google.c om...

No comments:

Post a Comment