Friday, February 24, 2012

Change service account with SQL server 2000 sp4

I have secured our SQL 2000 server on a Windows 2003 server.
I deleted the builtin administrator as systemadminstrator.
Then changed to a new serviceaccount that is administrator on the machine.
It is a AD domain account.
I then changed all SQL jobs to the new account. Restarted the services.
After that I got the failure
"The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (domain\username) of job
testjob has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Window
s
NT group/user 'domain\username'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)). "
It is only the SQL jobs that fails.
any idea?
If I use a SQL admin account as sa the jobs works. But I want to have a
doaimn account for this.
We are running mixed mode and SP4 with latest hotfix.
Kind regards.your SQL Agent service is running under a local account ?
"Fredrik" <Fredrik@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4783465E-2B9B-4D6E-83F4-D4346BAC1D36@.microsoft.com...
>I have secured our SQL 2000 server on a Windows 2003 server.
> I deleted the builtin administrator as systemadminstrator.
> Then changed to a new serviceaccount that is administrator on the machine.
> It is a AD domain account.
> I then changed all SQL jobs to the new account. Restarted the services.
> After that I got the failure
> "The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (domain\username) of job
> testjob has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about
> Windows
> NT group/user 'domain\username'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)). "
> It is only the SQL jobs that fails.
> any idea?
> If I use a SQL admin account as sa the jobs works. But I want to have a
> doaimn account for this.
> We are running mixed mode and SP4 with latest hotfix.
> Kind regards.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment