Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Changing collation when installing SQL2000

Hi,
I'm installing SQL2000 on a new cluster server.
I selected a 'custom installation' and was presented with a
'Collation settings' screen.
I need it to be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation
as I will be restoring databases with this collation.
What should I choose from the 'Collation designator' and 'SQL
Collations' box.
Is it 'Dictionary order, case-insensitive, for use with 1252
characters'?

What will be the default? Will it be the same default as for the
'typical' installation?
Thanks(polinaskulski@.aol.com) writes:
> I'm installing SQL2000 on a new cluster server.
> I selected a 'custom installation' and was presented with a
> 'Collation settings' screen.
> I need it to be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation
> as I will be restoring databases with this collation.
> What should I choose from the 'Collation designator' and 'SQL
> Collations' box.
> Is it 'Dictionary order, case-insensitive, for use with 1252
> characters'?

I would guess that is be the one, although the description also fits into
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI.

When you install Window collations, there are check-boxes for the
sensitivity stuff, but there might not be for SQL collations. (I
never install these.)

> What will be the default? Will it be the same default as for the
> 'typical' installation?

I believe that SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS is the default is your
regional settings is English (USA).

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment