Thursday, March 29, 2012

changing connection string from one sql server to another using vb .net

I have developed numerous reports in a vb .net app (Windows Database App)
that is
soon to go into production. When I built each report, CR connected to sql
server on my development platform. The connection string is different than
it will be at my client.
How can I change the connection string so that it recognizes my client's
server instead of mine for each of these reports? This is not technically a
sql server question, but I am hoping some of the sql developers who review
these posts will have run into the same issue,
Thanks for any help.
Bernie YaegerConnection String data is generally stored in a centralized location...
1) config File
2) Registry
3) INI
4) Global.ASAX
hope this helps
Greg J
PDX, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment