Thursday, March 29, 2012

Changing Connections in DTS Packages

I have 4-5 DTS packages with more than 100 connections. If I want to change the connections of the source (Oracle Database) from Server 1 to Server 2, how do I do it dynamically...? I know that I can go to Disconnected Edit and change the connections manually , but it is a very tedious process as there are more than 100 connections.

Thanks.I'm moving this thread to the Microsoft SQL Server Forum where it will get attention from users with more Microsoft experience.

Do you actually have more than 100 connections (the Oracle Connection icon is the gold twin-disk-drives)? I have not EVER seen that happen, and I've seen a lot of Oracle to SQL Server DTS packages!

-PatP|||Pat

Thanks for the reply. If I add up all the connections in 3-4 packages I will have 100 connections.

Let me know if you know any solution.
Thanks.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment