Sunday, March 25, 2012

changing authentication error, Please HELP!

I am running SQL Server 2005 Express. I am trying to change the server
property to the mixed mode authentication (SQL Server and Windows
authentication mode) in SQL Server Management Studio. I loged in to the
server which is local in Managament Studio using windows authentication. When
I right click on the connection I get the following error:
-----
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
--
Cannot show requested dialog.
--
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Cannot show requested dialog. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.SqlMgmt)
--
Failed to retrieve data for this request.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.SqlManagerUI)
For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476
--
Failed to connect to server ILYA-TEST-PC\SQLEXPRESS.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)
--
A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an
error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory
Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft
SQL Server, Error: 233)
-----
All the protocols for SQLEXPRESS are enabled. I don't know what's going on.
I also checked the Surface Area Configuration and everything seems to be
turned on there. The log file contains the following.
-----
2006-03-30 16:38:11.98 Logon Error: 17809, Severity: 20, State: 1.
2006-03-30 16:38:11.98 Logon Could not connect because the maximum
number of '1' user connections has already been reached. The system
administrator can use sp_configure to increase the maximum value. The
connection has been closed. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
-----
But I can't increase the maximum value of connections because when I right
click on connection I get the same error mentioned above. What is going on
here? Do I need to reinstall SQL Express? I can't get rid of this stupid
error. Thank you.
Ilyause command line utility to connect to express and change the setting.
e.g.
sqlcmd -S".\Express" -Q"exec sp_configure 'user connections','32767';
reconfigure with override"
--
-oj
"Ilya" <Ilya@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D58D1B38-F886-4285-90FB-F1CADFCE9B4A@.microsoft.com...
>I am running SQL Server 2005 Express. I am trying to change the server
> property to the mixed mode authentication (SQL Server and Windows
> authentication mode) in SQL Server Management Studio. I loged in to the
> server which is local in Managament Studio using windows authentication.
> When
> I right click on the connection I get the following error:
> -----
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
> --
> Cannot show requested dialog.
> --
> ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> Cannot show requested dialog. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.SqlMgmt)
> --
> Failed to retrieve data for this request.
> (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.SqlManagerUI)
> For help, click:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476
> --
> Failed to connect to server ILYA-TEST-PC\SQLEXPRESS.
> (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)
> --
> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an
> error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory
> Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
> (Microsoft
> SQL Server, Error: 233)
> -----
> All the protocols for SQLEXPRESS are enabled. I don't know what's going
> on.
> I also checked the Surface Area Configuration and everything seems to be
> turned on there. The log file contains the following.
> -----
> 2006-03-30 16:38:11.98 Logon Error: 17809, Severity: 20, State: 1.
> 2006-03-30 16:38:11.98 Logon Could not connect because the maximum
> number of '1' user connections has already been reached. The system
> administrator can use sp_configure to increase the maximum value. The
> connection has been closed. [CLIENT: <local machine>]
> -----
> But I can't increase the maximum value of connections because when I right
> click on connection I get the same error mentioned above. What is going on
> here? Do I need to reinstall SQL Express? I can't get rid of this stupid
> error. Thank you.
> Ilya
>

No comments:

Post a Comment