Sunday, March 25, 2012

Changing an existing Crystal 8.0 report to use stored proc

Hello,
I have approximately 34 Crystal 8 reports that currently run off embedded sql statements. I need to change these to run off stored procedures, and am not sure how to convert them.

The returned columns are the same, although the queries have changed slightly.

If I attempt to directly change the SQL through "Show SQL Query" it doesn't take. I also tried "Set Location" which only replaces the table name with the sp name, and also fails.

If I build a new report from scratch, it works, but this is very time consuming and error prone.

Can someone tell me how to change the existing reports to use the sp's?

Thanks,
JamesShow SQL Query wont' allow u to change existing sql.

Report object has SQLQueryString String type. Gets or sets SQL query string. Read/Write Can be written only when formatting idle which according to crystal allows you to change sql at runtime. Maybe this would help. Change this to your procedure name systematically.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment